Is This Your Experience with GUI Builders?
- They don't really make the work easier.
- They compromise design integrity by hopelessly combining interface and application.
- They make the project life-cycle overly complex, especially during the maintenance phase.
- They get in the way of experienced developers.
- They hide important details making it difficult for less experienced developers.
If you have experienced some or all of the above, then you may want to examine Xmt - Motif Tools library.
Here is a list of some of its features:
- It is now "Open Source" and provided at no charge with version 3.0.0.
- It truly makes GUI development easier than "traditional" methods.
- It supports rapid development and GUI story-boarding.
- It provides a well-defined migration path from prototype to application.
- It maintains separation of interests regarding interface and application.
- It encourages familiarity with resource type programming and empowers the developer.
- It supplies a number of widgets that make GUI development easier, especially layout.
- It has been used in many small and large projects.
- It has a developer base that might be able to help you in solving problems.
Your comments and suggestions are welcome.
This web site is Copyright © 2000 by Jeffrey L. Franks - All Rights Reserved